Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & personal care, gourmet food & just about anything else.
We recommend you to subscribe to Amazon Prime membership program that gives customers access to streaming video, music, e-books, free shipping and a variety of other Amazon-specific services and deals. Amazon Prime is a no-brainer for those heavily invested in the Amazon ecosystem. And if $99 per year seems like too much of a commitment, you can opt for the monthly $10.99 plan or the Prime Video only plan, which costs $8.99.
Starting a 30-day free trial gives you early access to deals, plus free two-day shipping. In some cases, you'll even get bumped to complimentary 1-day shipping. If you're a student with a valid .edu email, you can get a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime Student, which gets you all of the benefits of Prime in addition to special student-specific deals. After that, Prime Student will cost you half the price of regular Prime.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a paid service ($99 per year, plus a free 30-day trial or $10.99 per month) that gives Amazon shoppers a few distinct advantages. Members of Amazon Prime are eligible for free one- or two-day shipping on most items, among several other perks.
Why should I subscribe to Amazon Prime?
Amazon lists a variety of reasons why customers who frequent its website may want a Prime subscription:
- Free two-day shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits. For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.
- Free same-day delivery in eligible ZIP codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime Free Same-Day Delivery.
- Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low-priced grocery, household and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. Prime Pantry orders cannot be shipped to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
- Prime Now: In select cities, you can get one hour delivery for tens of thousands of products from local stores. For instance, in New York City you can now get delivery of beer, wine and spirits from Westside Market, Union Square Wines and Vintage Grape. Chicago, Los Angeles and Baltimore also participate in this program.
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Mom: These include 20 percent off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15 percent off eligible products from your baby registry.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new events on MyHabit.com.
- 20 Percent off new, physical video games during pre-order and through two weeks after release, and comes with free, release-date delivery.
- Kindle First: Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks.
- Parents will enjoy savings on FreeTime Unlimited, which brings tons of kid-friendly content to your account. Prime members pay $2.99 per month, while non-Prime members pay $4.99.
- Prime Video: Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. You can also add video subscriptions to Showtime, Starz, A&E, AMC and many other streaming entertainment channels.
- Prime Music: Unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library: Accessible to members in the U.S.
- Video Add-On Subscriptions: You can order third-party streaming apps through Amazon Prime to keep all your video content in one place. For instance, you can add Showtime Anytime and HBO Go to your account.
- Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon's own line of everyday essentials.
- Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits.